- 07/07/2018 - 07/08/2018
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
QSI and One Defense are proud to host legendary instructor Vicki Farnam for her 2-day Defensive Handgun for Women course.
Many female shooters are more comfortable attending a class limited to women and taught by a woman.
This specialized Defensive Handgun Course is designed specifically for women who want to obtain the necessary knowledge and skills to safely keep, carry, and handle guns, and effectively manage any personal protection situation. Our goal is to provide competent information, instruction, and drills that allow students to perform to the best of their ability.
Students will need to bring a suitable defensive pistol or revolver, holster, and 150 rounds of handgun ammunition. Most revolvers and autoloading pistols of reputable manufacture are acceptable. All our work will be from concealment.
Subjects covered include:
- Safe gun handling, storage, carrying
- Specifics of concealed carry
- Clothing and lifestyle adaptations
- Handgun operation
- Safely drawing the pistol from a holster, purse, or fanny-pack
- Routinely carrying defensive handguns concealed
- Mental alertness
- Situation awareness
- Danger avoidance
- Aggressive disengagement
- Performing under stress
- Practical defensive marksmanship
- Interfacing with the criminal/justice system
- Maintaining mental health in the wake of a lethal-force incident
Classroom subjects include the latest information on the physio/psychological aspects of lethal encounters, weapon/caliber selection criterion and force continuum.
Prices for this class are set by DTI; QSI discounts do not apply.