9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
This course is designed to develop and maintain the basic practical skills to effectively use the handgun for self defense.
There is so much more to handgun self defense than just shooting. This course encompasses an entire system including situational awareness, managing threats, post-shooting procedures and dealing with law enforcement after an incident.
Carrying a handgun requires a complex set of skills and in our Defensive Handgun course we will teach you what we consider to be the key skills you need to defend yourself effectively.
Topics covered include:
- Handgun Design, Ballistics & Features
- Draw & Presentation of the Handgun
- Fundamentals of Handgun Marksmanship
- Managing Recoil
- Speed and Tactical Reloading
- Clearing Malfunctions
- Conflict De-Escalation and Management
- Post-Shooting Procedures
- Suitable Defensive Handgun (no .22 or target pistols).
- Good quality holster (We discourage the use of shoulder or ankle holsters for your first class)
- At least 400 rounds of ammunition
- At least 2 spare magazines (3 total) with magazine pouches.
- Ear Protection (electronic preferred)
- Eye Protection (regular glasses can be worn if they provide enough coverage)
- Baseball Cap or other cap with a brim (keeps hot brass out of face)
Rental guns available for additional charge – use the “Gun Rental Package” option at checkout. Rental package includes a gun, magazines, and holster. If you rent a gun you still need to provide 400 rounds of factory ammunition. If you are having trouble finding ammo, please let us know. QSI has the final word on approving ammo for use in rental guns.
Please feel free to contact us with questions about guns, gear, or class content.