Defensive Handgun - Fundraiser for MGOSF
9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
This course is a special fund raiser for the Minnesota Gun Owners Support Fund, a charitable non-profit organization that works to provide firearms safety education programs to at-risk communities throughout Minnesota.
The Minnesota Gun Owners Support Fund is managed by the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus, supporting the rights of all Minnesotans.
If you wish to donate directly to the Minnesota Gun Owner’s Caucus in addition to this course, you can do so at http://gunowners.mn/donate.
This course is designed to develop and maintain the basic practical skills to effectively use the handgun for self defense. It is an excellent companion for your Permit to Carry course.
There is so much more to handgun self defense than just shooting. This course encompasses an entire system including situational awareness, managing threats, post-shooting procedures and dealing with law enforcement after an incident.
Carrying a handgun requires a complex set of skills and in our Defensive Handgun course we will teach you what we consider to be the key skills you need to defend yourself effectively.
Topics covered include:
- Handgun Design, Ballistics & Features
- Draw & Presentation of the Handgun
- Fundamentals of Handgun Marksmanship
- Managing Recoil
- Speed and Tactical Reloading
- Clearing Malfunctions
- Conflict De-Escalation and Management
- Post-Shooting Procedures
- Suitable Defensive Handgun (no .22 or target pistols).
- Good quality holster (We discourage the use of shoulder or ankle holsters for your first class)
- At least 300 rounds of ammunition
- At least 2 spare magazines (3 total) with magazine pouches.
- Ear Protection (electronic preferred)
- Eye Protection (regular glasses can be worn if they provide enough coverage)
- Baseball Cap or other cap with a brim (keeps hot brass out of face)
Rental gun services are available for additional charge – use the “rental” option at checkout. Rental package includes a gun, magazines, and holster. If you rent a gun you still need to provide 300 rounds of factory ammunition. If you are having trouble finding ammo, please let us know. QSI has the final word on approving ammo for use in rental guns.
Please feel free to contact us with questions about guns, gear, or class content.