9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Please note this class is on a SUNDAY.
This course features an introduction to using the handgun for self defense.
There is so much more to handgun self defense than shooting. This course encompasses an entire methodology from situational awareness to working with law enforcement after an incident.
Carrying a handgun requires a complex set of skills and in our Defensive Handgun course we will teach you what we consider to be the basics.
Topics covered include:
- Handgun Design, Ballistics & Features
- Draw & Presentation of the Handgun
- Fundamentals of Handgun Marksmanship
- Speed and Tactical Reloading
- Clearing Malfunctions
- Conflict De-Escalation and Management
- Post-Shooting Procedures
- Suitable Defensive Handgun (no .22 or target pistols). Rental guns available for additional charge.
- Good quality holster (We discourage the use of shoulder or ankle holsters for your first class)
- At least 400 rounds of ammunition
- At least 2 spare magazines (3 total) with magazine pouches.
- Ear Protection (electronic preferred)
- Eye Protection (regular glasses can be worn but may need side shields)
- Baseball Cap (keeps hot brass out of face)
Please feel free to E-mail us with questions about guns, gear, or class content.
Venue Phone: (507) 685-4244
Venue Website: www.ahlmans.comAddress: