QSI20 Rifle Course
10/03/2020 - 10/04/2020
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Scheduled hours: Saturday 9am – 10pm (with lunch and dinner breaks); Sunday 9am – 6pm (with lunch break)
In today’s world we must be prepared for literally anything. As part of our preparations, many of us have purchased rifles for self-defense.
Deploying a rifle to defend yourself and your loved ones is no small task. While we typically carry a handgun for dealing with random acts of violent crime, a rifle is more likely to be employed during large scale events where there is a breakdown of basic services and police are nowhere to be found.
This intensive two-day course is designed to assist you with becoming competent and proficient with the rifle as a self-defense tool. In addition to being able to operate the rifle itself, we will also discuss rifle accessories, carrying of the rifle and spare ammunition, and the law of self-defense regarding use of a rifle.
Topics covered will include:
· Conditions and considerations for deploying a rifle for self-defense
· Setting up your rifle for self-defense
· Tactical gear to support the rifle – slings, ammunition carriers, etc.
· Carrying the rifle with and without a sling
· Fundamentals of rifle marksmanship
· Deploying the rifle for self-defense
· Verbalization and de-escalation for self-defense
· Reloading and stoppages
· Standard firing positions
· Post-incident procedures
· Movement with the rifle
· Low-Light Shooting
· Use of cover and concealment
· Using the rifle while wounded
· Alternate firing positions and techniques
· Transition from rifle to handgun
This is an intensive 20-hour course over two days. Running a rifle for an entire day can be physically demanding.
Students will be expected to stay focused and handle their weapons in a careful and responsible manner throughout the course. If you are not sure if this course is for you, please talk to us before registering.