QSI LRC Defensive Rifle
9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
This class is designed to teach rifle fundamentals to new shooters, and help more experienced shooters improve and sharpen their skills. Shooters of all skill levels are welcomed.
The primary focus of this course is Defensive Rifle use for a citizen acting alone in a self-defense situation.
This class includes dry-practice, shooting at steel and paper targets, including multiple target drills. Our drills have been modified for 2021 to account for ammo shortages; you can run this course with just 150-200 rounds of ammo.
Topics will include:
- Rifle advantages and disadvantages
- Firearms Safety
- Parts of the rifle
- Rifle features and design
- Optics – features, design, and use
- Flash suppressors – features and design
- Slings – features, design and use
- Load carrying equipment – selecting and setting up
- Administrative loading and unloading Rifle carry positions
- Mounting the rifle
- Proper grip, stance, trigger control and sight picture
- Press & systems check
- Zeroing iron sights
- Zeroing optical sights
- Advantages and disadvantages of optics
- Spare magazine management
- Clearing basic stoppages
- Clearing complex stoppages
- Engaging multiple targets
- Lateral movement
- Post-shooting procedures
For this class, you will need:
- Rifle – centerfire calibers preferred. All rifles are welcome but some may be unsuitable for the course. If you have questions, please ask us.
- Rifle sling – single point or two point design is fine. If you have questions about slings, please ask us.
- 200 rounds of ammo
- 3 or more spare magazines
- Magazine carrier preferred (Plate carriers, chest rigs, “battle” belts, tactical vests, belt mounted, battle/sling bags, etc. all welcome)
- Ear Protection, electronic preferred (as it is much easier to hear instructors while on the firing line)
- Eye Protection
- Baseball cap or other brimmed hat (keeps hot brass out of your hair)
We have a limited number of AR15 and AK rifles for rent. Rental includes the rifle, sling, 3 magazines, and magazine pouches. For rental guns, you must provide factory ammo from a reputable manufacturer.
It is recommended you zero your rifle sights prior to the class. We will confirm zeros at the range.