We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
This course is designed to develop and maintain the basic practical skills to effectively use the handgun for self defense.
There is so much more to handgun self defense than just shooting. This course encompasses an entire system including situational awareness, managing threats, post-shooting procedures and dealing with law enforcement after an incident.
Carrying a handgun requires a complex set of skills and in our Defensive Handgun course we will teach you what we consider to be the key skills you need to defend yourself effectively.
Topics covered include:
- Handgun Design, Ballistics & Features
- Draw & Presentation of the Handgun
- Fundamentals of Handgun Marksmanship
- Managing Recoil
- Speed and Tactical Reloading
- Clearing Malfunctions
- Conflict De-Escalation and Management
- Post-Shooting Procedures
- Suitable Defensive Handgun (no .22 or target pistols). Rental guns available for additional charge.
- Good quality holster (We discourage the use of shoulder or ankle holsters for your first class)
- At least 400 rounds of ammunition
- At least 2 spare magazines (3 total) with magazine pouches.
- Ear Protection (electronic preferred)
- Eye Protection (regular glasses can be worn but may need side shields)
- Baseball Cap (keeps hot brass out of face)
Please feel free to E-mail us with questions about guns, gear, or class content