9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
This course features an introduction to using the handgun for self-defense.
There is so much more to handgun self defense than shooting. This course encompasses an entire methodology from situational awareness to working with law enforcement after an incident. Carrying a handgun for defense requires a complex set of skills and in our Defensive Handgun course we will teach you what we consider to be “basics” to carry responsibly.
Topics covered include:
- Draw & Presentation of the Handgun
- Movement, “Getting off the X”
- Handgun Design, Ballistics and Features
- Fundamentals of Handgun Marksmanship
- Speed and Tactical Reloading
- Clearing Malfunctions
- Conflict De-Escalation and Management
- Post-Shooting Procedures
- Suitable Defensive Handgun (no .22 or target pistols). Rental guns available for additional charge.
- Good quality holster
- At least 300 rounds of ammunition
- At least 2 spare magazines with a magazine pouch (Limited number of loaner mag pouches available by request)
- Ear Protection, electronic preferred (as it is much easier to hear instructors while on the firing line)
- Eye Protection
- Baseball Cap (keeps hot brass out of your hair)