9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
This course is designed to build the skills of QSI Defensive Rifle graduates. The QSI Defensive Rifle or equivalent is a required prerequisite. If you have questions about prerequisites, please feel free to contact us.
Topics covered include:
- Rifle to Pistol Transitions
- Check Drills, Emergency Reloads and Clearing Stoppages
- Alternative Sighting Methods (for when your optics fail)
- Movement Drills
- Using Cover & Alternate Shooting Positions
- Barricade Drills
- Individual Tactics
- Shooting on the Move
- Shooting, Reloading, & Clearing Malfunctions while Wounded
For this class, you will need:
- Rifles, Pistol-Caliber Carbines, and braced pistols are all welcomed in this class.
- Rifle sling – single point or two point design is fine. If you have questions about slings, please ask us.
- 350 rounds of rifle ammo and 100 rounds of handgun ammo.
- 3 or more spare magazines for your rifle; one or more for your handgun.
- Magazine carrier for your spare magazines (Plate carriers, chest rigs, battle belts, tactical vests, belt mounted, battle/sling bags, etc. all welcome)
- Ear Protection, electronic preferred (as it is much easier to hear instructors while on the firing line)
- Eye Protection
- Baseball cap or other brimmed hat (keeps hot brass out of your hair)